Top 5 Free Exercise Videos for Seniors
After experiencing severe lower back pain, I know how hard it is to go over the vast Internet scraping for workout content that doesn't hurt me and makes me feel good. Although this is a list tailored for 55+, it certainly doesn't stop there. It is for everyone that wants to take a lighter day or doesn't want to be pushed as hard.
Here are the top 5 youtube channels for senior exercise:
- Body Coach: Body Coach is my favorite youtube channel for senior exercise (or just for everyone that wants a slow day). Every video is 10 or 15 mins long and very well-made. Joe Wicks is a lovable and energetic trainer that inspires people to perform their best.
- Pop Sugar: This channel is not designed specifically for seniors, but I find their 10 mins workout series very suitable. Pop Sugar offers a wide range of workouts from barre, yoga to HIIT.
- More Life Health: This channel offers a wide range of seated, stretch, and balance exercises. I like his 5 mins workout videos too.
- Silver Sneakers: The famed Silver Sneakers have a lot of free workout videos for different levels. Both Silver Sneakers and Eldergym are on the softer side.
- Eldergym: Doug shares very hands-on tips on various strength, balance, and flexibility exercises for seniors. It might be a bit on the easy side if you're highly mobile.
Let us know your favorite workout videos by leaving a comment below or joining our Facebook group to share.
Don't forget to subscribe to our newsletter to get weekly fitness tips!